Monday, March 19, 2012

Ideas needed! Got one?

Over the last 10-12 years, I have become a "go to" person for those working on their career plans, connections to decision makers, job openings, mentor connections, etc.  I (mostly) don't go out trolling for folks to help, but something in my work nature, knowledge, personal style and experience lands up causing me to be many types of career development conversations with folks from the executive office to entry level, from pharma to a local police officer to a member of the clergy.  

It's extraordinarily rewarding to help people in this way.  Helping many of you solve a career question in your life gives me strength, especially when I have been able to see your path grow and expand more than it might have with out my small bit of help.  Having moved over to the "entrepreneur's" side of the business, I expected I would be doing less career support, and that is the case, but its still a very present part of my weekly activities and something I hope I never stop doing. 

But now, I feel like the great plumber who's sink has a leaky faucet that needs to be fixed, but just doesn't get fixed.  Or the mechanic who fixes their own car when and if they find the time and money to do it (and chooses instead to nurse along a bad clutch).  The bottom line is that I need to get restarted earning a living again doing work that energizes and challenges my brain, heart and soul. 

I am blessed with financial and personal resources that have been able to provide for our bills during my transition at the beginning of 2012, but now my wallet and my need to be more productive (actually the latter is the stronger problem at the moment - a fact for which I am extremely grateful) are strongly calling me to move forward.  To fix the faucet, to repair the clutch, so to speak and get moving.  

So, if you are someone who I had worked with in the past on your career planning, or some one I have connected to a cool job that you love(d), I could use your help.  I'm not at all at the applying to McDonald's or Wawa stage of things, and I have learned that I need to do meaningful work with collegial people in an environment of integrity that involves helping build people and organizational capability building.  And, it needs to be fair to me in compensation - not luxurious, but fair. 

If I have helped you, you already know some of what I do well.  Send me any ideas or connections or postings you think I should consider.  Some of you already have been doing this and I am very grateful. 

I can't relocate because of family stuff (most of you know what I mean), but I can travel and am ready to jump back in to the right situation.  No ideas are dumb ones.  Some might not be the right ones for me, but all (ALLLLLL) will be seen as gifts from a great circle of people that I am blessed to have in my life as I continue my journey in the bosom of suburbia. 

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment